Limitless

It started last year. Sitting alone in the campus Prayer Chapel. Crying out to a God that reminded me that I truly wasn't alone, no matter how abandoned I felt. Searching for answers...for purpose. 

In the stillness came a sweet voice. "Jessica, stop limiting Me in what I want to do in your life." 

Well, that seemed to come out of left field, as Jesus' reminders usually do. I stepped out in faith to begin my journey at William Jessup University claiming that I was going to be flexible to whatever God had in store for my future. I just didn't think that I would actually have to be. I thought my plans were along the same lines as His plans. I thought wrong. I thought small, safe, comfortable, easy. 

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD.
 "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." -Isaiah 55:8 (NLT)

I have seen God prove His faithfulness over and over again. So why was I scared this time? Taking God out of the box I had put Him in (don't worry, it was pretty big with a few small air holes) and letting Him direct my paths?! That sounded terrifying. I was all for the idea that He can be His big, mighty self in the world. But He wanted to make it personal. He wanted to show me how big and mighty He is...in my own life. 

There is nothing more humbling than the God of the Universe reminding you that even your best thought out plans are still not the best for you. 

This began a journey, one that my safe thinking and comfort-mindedness would have never expected. And growth began to happen on a much greater scale than my safe zones would have ever allowed. The worst part, it is a difficult journey. When I began to trust more of my life into the hands of the Almighty God, I had to also begin surrendering more of my plans, thoughts, dreams, and desires. 

To some that may sound absolutely horrible. It did to me too. I didn't want to let go. But this journey has far exceeded all of my expectations. I have learned the exciting way that when God calls us to let go, He doesn't leave us empty handed. He wants more for us. And in order to give us more we have to let more go so that He has more room in our life to replace things of us for greater things of Him. 

I cannot fully express too you how rewarding even just the beginning of this journey has been, and I know that God is nowhere near finished! I want to encourage you to open yourself up to a limitless God, and let Him do limitless things with your life. It is a challenging journey because we are humans with limits. But God will not take us where His grace will not empower us. Be transformed by the renewing of your mind and remember that the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead will dwell within you if you let Him!   

 

Comments

  1. I am blessed to call you my daughter! I love you JessiBear! It is going to be an amazing journey, just like it already has been! Now go change the world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts