Not Quite Sidetracked

It is crazy to me how God's plans and His timing all seem to fit together so well. Here I am wishing for some kind of remote where I could speed up and slow down different parts of life. And yet, that form of control does not seem to exist. I am far more out of control than I'd like to be most of the time. But I have noticed though how much that adds to the thrill of the adventure that God has me on in this moment. Emotions can be overwhelming, especially when they are focused on how I feel about the Creator of the Universe.
As I near closer and closer to the end of my 2nd year in college I find myself completely baffled at how God is at work. My high school graduation and the beginning of my freshman year of college seem so far away. God's work is truly remarkable. I hardly even recognize the girl I was before this chapter of my journey! I have been stripped, torn, humbled, challenged, pressed, and broken down during this chapter. Yet through that I have also been clothed in righteousness and forgiveness, healed, transformed, grown and refined, and built up again. I have been able to experience the freedom to dance in Christ's tomb of victory. I have been molded more into the image of Christ. I have been able to step into opportunities greater than anything I can imagine. Healthy relationships have been built and strengthened while the unhealthy have been healed or have passed away. Truth is beginning to sink in. Joy and faith have kept me going--even when I felt I couldn't. God has been allowed to move more freely than He was when I kept Him locked up in my box of "Good Christianity." Let me just tell you, God is a lot bigger and terrifying when He is let out of the boxes we try to keep Him in in our lives. But He is also a lot less God, and that is even more terrifying. God so desires to bless His people, that is part of the very nature of God. When we let God be God, we have to sacrifice what we think we are entitled to, but He loves to replace that with the things He rejoices to bless us with. And that is so much greater!
The awesomeness of God got me a little sidetracked (Well, actually, everything other than focus on God is a sidetrack)! I cannot even begin to express to you (or even to myself) what I am feeling as another semester comes to a close and summer approaches. I am excited, nervous, anxious, eager, trusting, ready, unprepared, exhausted, pumped up, and the list goes on and on. It still has not hit me that summer is right around the corner. As far as school goes, I am so ready to be done with papers, studying, tests, and projects. Socially, I am so sad to not be able to live with the girls that I live with now. But I am also thrilled about who I am going to live with next year! I also cannot wait to see my family! But the fact that I am only going to be home for a week and a half before next school year really breaks my heart. That also makes it hard to register the fact that our next break is summer, not just another short break! Jamaica-wise, I still can't believe it. My date to leave is now on the same month calendar as today's date! It is almost here. Where did time go?! I am still in shock that God is calling me and preparing me for this journey! I just need to be completely present in today...in this moment right now. Sometimes that is the most difficult thing to do, but it is also the most rewarding.
Long story short...God is God and I am not. He is so good and I am so in awe. Letting God do what His will is for our lives is so rewarding because His love is beyond beautiful.
I want to challenge you, if you are still reading this, to open the box. Let God out. Don't try to limit Him because then you are limiting the blessings and lessons that He wants to give you. You are also limiting the joy that comes from closeness to Him. Trust me, God meant it when He said He wants to offer us life to the fullest! So, let Him fill you!

Oh, and have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts