Dearly Loved,

In my weak, jittery hands I hold the small device that could have kept you going. In a matter of minutes, a request turned into a reality. For me. When for you, a constant struggle down a challenge-filled road lead to unfulfilled request after unfulfilled request. Your story is not unique, as you lie there surrounded by others in the same boat that had found itself docked in between the empty walls of curtains that separated dust-filled rooms. You, helpless and alone--fighting for each breath, needed the small device I received in an instant. No need for me to go into the poverty stricken streets in hopes of finding some form of remedy for my sick little body. No need for me to suffer in the overbearing heat as my body fights to do what the Creator originally designed it to do on it's own. So why did you have to? After all these years, this device leads me to wonder today, why? Why with so many stories like yours have people failed to notice? Myself included. Notice that there is so much more to this world than our personal here and now. Notice that hardships for us would be blessings to others. Notice that our own circumstances do not make the rest of the world any smaller or less important. Notice that precious children of the Divine King are being left neglected by the ones that were appointed their protectors, providers, caretakers. Why don't we all notice more? Maybe it is simply because they have never been blessed with the opportunity to love you like I have. Maybe if only more people could experience this unexplainable love that has no limits, then they would know more stories like yours. Today my heart was broken as I held a device that could save your life, simply too late.

Noah James Ricardo Dunn,
Your story does matter. So keep dancing with Jesus, baby boy! As we all fought together for you, there was no knowing all that God had planned. And His plan far outweighs ours!
Love you always,
Your Big Sister

And to all those who have stumbled upon these words,
Take a look around you--this world is bigger than we think! You just have to take time to notice.



Comments

  1. He will not be forgotten. Many of us remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember praying for your family when I heard that he went home to Jesus!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts