Let It Snow

I want to tell you a story, a story that refreshed my dry and weary soul. One that opened my eyes to a heart that beats more passionately than I realize. A story that is completely and beautifully true!

I was blessed to spend this past weekend up in Sierra Pines for our annual Fall Retreat at school. This is my third year going so I thought I knew what to expect. I knew my way around and what I wanted to do with each free moment we had. I had a list a mile long of things that were running through my mind as we arrived at the retreat. I was overwhelmed by my to-do list for the week to come and I was not able to focus on being present.

Little did I know, the God of the Universe was jealous for my attention. The first night, I had a conversation with some friends about how easy it is to let all of those distractions overwhelm our minds during times of singing worship. It is so frustrating when all you want to do is sing to the King!

Saturday morning was the start of a new day and slowly God began to peel away the distractions I had carried with me into the weekend. It began to rain quite a bit so that and the 50 degree weather changed the plans I had to go on a hike to a waterfall. As the day progressed, I realized that my plans were nothing in comparison to what was to come!

That afternoon during our free time, conversations with friends slowly became worshipping with friends through music. As I sat with some incredible people singing to Jesus many different songs, some even in different languages, I began to feel the Spirit of The Lord move in us with joy and freedom. We sang as many songs as we could think of--the new and the old! And God was clearly present, and if wasn't clear yet He was going to make sure it was soon.

The rain outside inspired us to sing the song "Let it Rain." After a few times through, we decided to change it up and start singing in the same tune, "Let it Snow."

God was clearly listening.

Only 3-5 minutes later, we looked out the window and sure enough...
It was snowing!

Suddenly, 50 degree weather was cold enough for snow. And lots of it!

For the next few hours, we watched the snow cover everything around us. It was simply beautiful. And I was in awe.

The Creator of the Universe was listening to our songs and decided to pour out His blessings upon us, simply because He wanted to see His children filled with joy. I learned a lot about the character of my Savior in that moment. And as I danced around like a total goofball filled with pure joy and wonder, I realized that the God of the Universe listens to the prayers of a goofball like me!

As if that night wasn't miraculous enough, the next morning the ground was still covered in snow all around our campsite. It was such a beautiful sight as we prepared to head out on the icy roads towards home. However, as soon as we left the campgrounds, there was no snow to be found. The roads were completely dry. And friends who were just north of us didn't get any snow!

Just try to tell me that God is not awesome!

We spent the last day of Summer at Fall Retreat playing in Winter weather and experiencing the newness of Spring And in the midst of every season of our lives, God is present and deserves to be glorified!

I serve a God who desires to bless His children. His heart is pleased when His children acknowledge His character and want to engage in relationship with Him! He may not always make it snow for us, but His love is never ending and unchanging. And boy, is it beautiful!

Comments

Popular Posts