Newton's Laws According to Life

One of Newton's Laws of Physics says that an object in motion tends to stay in motion until acted upon by a force. 

Well, I think Newton was really on to something, but not just related to physics. Just look at how people live. Busyness has become the staple of the American lifestyle. It's almost as though it's some underlining sign of success. And those who are in motion are almost always in motion. 

What happens when an object in motion faces an external force? It tends to assume a state of rest or reaction to the force. 

What happens when someone who is used to always being in motion faces an external force that brings them to a state of rest? Well, in my experience, they go crazy (Or maybe that's just me)! 

There are pros and cons to pretty much everything in life. Even this stage of transition that I find myself in...a season in which I am not "in motion". As crazy as this "time of rest" is making me, I've come to understand the fear and challenges associated with trying to get moving again. It is difficult to get an object at rest to move again when there is no force. 

Realizing this, I decided it was time to stop making excuses and create some force. I have been putting my toes into a lot of different waters trying to find the perfect conditions. When those didn't seem to show up, I became really stubborn and stopped considering just stepping out in faith when the Lord gave me the decision to make. 

It is a lot easier to steer a moving vehicle! Sometimes waiting on the Lord involves sitting still until He says to move, and sometimes it requires moving in faith so He can better direct you! 

I don't know the accuracy of my theology or my physics, but what I do know is that this journey is an adventure. It's one I may not always like, but it's one I wouldn't trade! 

Right now, my external force to get me moving again is a mustard seed of faith and one-way ticket to Texas! I'm jumping into the water and I can't wait to see how it feels! 

Comments

  1. Good luck sweetness...there is good somewhere that happens in change. Go find it, but remember to come back to your family who loves you most!! Say hi to Chip and Jojo. Love you gurl ❤ ❤ ❤ Tia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts