This One is for the Editor

There are some people in the world who just live to make it a better place. It’s the “leave it nicer than you found it” mentality that seems to spill out into every area of their lives. They are a rare breed indeed. 

And I am blessed to know one of those people. 

Somehow, by the grace of God, I received the utmost honor of having this type of person as my father. 

It is sad, really, how less and less people are able to talk about their dads with much respect. It is proof that this world needs men to start being real men (and that we are in desperate need of Jesus). My heart breaks when I think about the fact that good dads are a rare reality. 

But I digress. 

Today the world gets to celebrate the entry of an incredible human! One that truly does leave the world better than he found it…I am living proof of that. 

I do not know who I would be today without the selfless, talented, humble, sacrificial, and god-fearing man that goes by the name “dad” to me (and quite a few others). The way he loves the Lord and loves others resembles the very heart of the God he chooses to serve with all he has. How he sees others and gives all he has for the sake of all those around him reflects the life of Jesus Christ. His desire to see this world fall more in love with the God of the Universe reveals the passion of the Holy Spirit. 

Being the daughter of a wonderful man has been the most joy-filled blessing. I have learned so much about what it means to be a person after God’s heart through being able to grow up with him as a role model. Men, if you want someone to look up to, he’s your guy (it’s the follow him as he follows Christ idea). He is wonderful, through and through. 

So, to the man who is always the first to read my posts (and edits the mistakes), happy birthday! Thank you for being a man worthy of respect and honor, but choosing to take the route of a servant just as your master did! Thank you for giving of yourself for everyone else and for showing me what tangible love looks like! Thank you for trusting God with my life, even when you don’t want to. Thank you for being my dad, and for doing a darn good job at it! I love you! 

Comments

Popular Posts